A Level - Assessment
The Cambridge International A Level is reported on a grade scale from A* (highest) to E
(minimum required performance).
The A Levels is a 2-year program that will start in July and the students will give their board examinations in March of the second year (Grade 12). This exam timeline coincides well with the timelines of other Indian boards (HSC / ISC etc). The March series examination for A Levels (Grade 12 board exam) ensures that students doing this program will be eligible for all competitive entrance examinations in India as well as for university admissions for undergraduate courses in India.
The subject content of each of the A Level syllabuses has been subdivided into two categories:
the AS syllabus content which is covered in Grade 11 and part two of the syllabus commonly referred to as 'A2' in Grade 12.
Thus students can opt any of the following flexible approach:
- Take all A Level components in the same examination session at the end of the second
year (Grade 12)
- Follow a staged assessment to an A Level by taking the AS qualification in one
examination session, and the A2 assessment in a subsequent session in Grade 12.
Teachers organize formative and summative assessment over the course of the two years to
develop student’s knowledge, understanding and application skills.
- Learners use Cambridge International AS and A Levels to gain places at leading universities worldwide including the UK, Ireland, USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, India, Singapore, the Netherlands and Germany.
- Over 500 US universities accept Cambridge International AS and A levels, including all Ivy League universities. Good grades in carefully chosen Cambridge International A Level subjects can result in up to one full year of university course credit.
- Cambridge International A Level is recognised by the Association of Indian Universities (AIU) as an entry qualification (equivalent to +2) to all universities and colleges in India.
Cambridge International AS and A Levels are recognised around the world by schools, universities and employers. The qualifications are accepted as proof of academic ability for entry to universities worldwide.
College and Career Counseling
DYPIS in association with Edwise International provides career guidance services to all their senior school students who are desirous of studying overseas after Grade 12.